Honey Glazed Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
Nothing says Thanksgiving like a great turkey. Go ahead an be honest, you have a great recipe for your Thanksgiving turkey and you have perfected, right? This Thanksgiving why not really WOW everyone. Try something new and sweeten up your Thanksgiving Turkey with a little honey! Below is your favorite recipe for a honey glazed Thanksgiving turkey.
Recipe makes 1 roasted turkey
1 (16 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1 cup America’s Heartland Honey
1/2 cup melted butter
2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Rinse the turkey, and pat thoroughly dry with paper towels. Brush the turkey with olive oil, inside and out.
2. Mix 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and the thyme in a small bowl, and sprinkle the turkey with the mixture.
3. Place the turkey on a rack set in a roasting pan, and roast in the preheated oven for 2 hours.
4. In a bowl, stir together the honey, melted butter, sage, parsley, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper, until the mixture is smooth and well blended. Brush the turkey with the honey glaze, and return to the oven.
5. Roast the turkey until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 2 more hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Continue to brush the turkey with the honey glaze frequently as it roasts. Remove the turkey from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Prep Time: 30 mins. Cook Time: 4 hrs. Total Time: 4 hrs. 45 mins.